I have come to love raspberry pretzel jello, but recently I experimented with my recipe by adding some white chocolate and the results are deliciously amazing!
This patriotic punch is the perfect layered drink to pour and sip this Fourth of July!
This easy but amazing black bean and corn salsa with avocado is one of my favorites to make, especially in the warmer months with all of the fresh produce in season. I typically make and serve it with chips, but it also adds a light yet flavorful punch to tacos, tamales, or any Mexican dish you may be cooking up tomorrow for Cinco de Mayo. It’s vibrant, full of healthy antioxidants, and it’s always a huge hit at my house.
I found this recipe from Skinnytaste.com on Pinterest a while ago, and I am so glad I tried it out! I hardly feel guilty for eating large quantities of it since it’s such a healthy and filling snack or side. My family (kids included!) and I gobble up this salsa almost as quickly as I can make it. I have found many recipes for this that don’t call for avocado…but 1. Being a California native, I’ve known for quite some time that avocados are awesome and 2. I feel like avocados are really having a food moment right now, right? (#avocadotoast). So of course my version has avocados in it…and yours should too!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa sifted
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 14 Double Stuffed Oreos finely crushed
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 package Dream Whip (this can be found in the baking aisle of the grocery store) dry
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Double Stuffed Oreos finely crushed
- Add the sifted cocoa powder to a medium sized bowl and pour in the cup of hot liquid. Whisk until completely dissolved.
- Next add the buttermilk to cool down the mixture, then add the sugar and whisk until all is combined.
- Add the eggs, oil and vanilla and mix again.
- In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk this into the wet mixture until you no longer see any lumps.
- Stir in heavy cream until evenly mixed in.
- Lastly, stir in finely crushed Oreos.
- Pour into cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until done. Let cool and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- For Frosting: Beat softened cream cheese and butter until smooth and blended. Add vanilla and salt and beat until well incorporated. Add Dream Whip and mix well. Add the powdered sugar and beat well. Lastly, add in the crushed Oreos and beat until well incorporated.
- Let frosting chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once both cupcakes and frosting has chilled in fridge for at least 30 minutes, pipe frosting on top of cupcakes and enjoy! Store any left over in fridge.